X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick
    • Dec 2023

2020 Mclaren GT build

This is going to be a slow burn build.

I know a fair amount of the car community and I'm originally from Florida. Moved to Wyoming earlier this year and shortly after drove down to Phoenix to grab my Mclaren from AZ cycle along with doors and most body panels.

Without any research it would appear this is an expensive thing to rebuild, but all of the mclarens being a mono style assembly everything is modular. I can bolt up new control arms, new hubs whatever. The tub is the critical component and mine was mint. They bought my chassis just for the 4.0 which is sought after for someone who popped their 720s or upgrading their 3.8 etc.

For the power plant;
    I've been friends with Sam from Gooichi for almost a decade at this point and I've long made jokes about a V12 Mclaren. Since Sam has been making large strides with the M120 platform, everything sort of just made sense. So I bought a late model M120 V12, same engine the original zonda used and the base for what they use today.

I'm working currently on an adapter system to mate a GVD audi transaxle (modern 01E) and then I'll start putting things into the car.

I already know it fits.

I also have a 3D guy building me a one off GT inspired GT3 esque kit and Ill make a buck and mold for a one off carbon clamshell front and rear.

I'll update things here as i progress.
  • Fidel_Cashflo
    BanHammer
    • Dec 2023

Can’t wait to see this thing finished. Post up the FD bro.
    OdysseyFab.com
    HotBoiOlympics.com
    JZXPlug

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞