X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fidel_Cashflo
    BanHammer
    • Dec 2023

Fidel Cashflo's JZX100 Chaser Build

I'm sure most of you are NOT familiar with this car. I've owned it for quite some time and it's been a struggle to wrap it up. This chassis paved the way for my move into the JZX parts market. The car started out as a series one automatic Chaser Tourer V. An absolutely mint super low mileage car, bone stock aside from the M Sport body kit and HKS pod filter.

Initially the plan was to just manual swap the car, simple suspension mods and some bolt-ons… But that quickly turned into a full color change, mini tubs, engine bay wire tuck and a new catalog of production parts for my business.

I scrapped the M sport kit as I had already purchased a JZX100 Version Select rep BN Sports kit for my LS400 project. Ordered some Ganadors, an origin roof spoiler and a Dmax trunk spoiler for the car. Dmax corners and taillights were also sourced to wrap up exterior mods.

This car has probably seen 10 different sets of wheels and still hasn’t seen the road. I think it’s a form of autism. On top of the 10 different wheels. The car has seen two different turbo setups, three different sets of coil overs, two different sets of arms, two different transmissions, two different ECUs, three different fuel setups, three different pairs of seats, three different colors. Stay tuned.

OdysseyFab.com
    HotBoiOlympics.com
    JZXPlug
  • PS13_kev
    • Dec 2023

Been a long time coming but I’m happy to see the motivation to finish is still there. Let’s get it done!

Comment

• NPauto
      • Dec 2023

Yea I want a late night cruise like old times!

Comment

• Bohemian_boomerang
        • Dec 2023

Originally posted by NPauto
        Yea I want a late night cruise like old times!
        Having all the OGs back out cruising would be a vibe

Comment

• Nisson93
          • Dec 2023

All I got to say is you deff can't sell it now you have to finish it!!

Comment

• Skrapniggamerrio
            • Dec 2023

I like this.

Comment

• Chapulin_Colorado
              • Dec 2023

That baby will be done 202-Never
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	49

Comment

• Fidel_Cashflo
                BanHammer
                • Dec 2023

At the top of my list for fabrication was going overkill on cooling. I purchased a Koyo N Flo radiator, 25 row oil cooler and a HPI Racing Condenser (I know, I know, its extremely rare). I had a GTR style intercooler core from the UCF build that I wanted to use for this car as I’ve always been a fan of the older HKS and Apex’I style cast curved end tank intercoolers.

I wanted the intercooler to tuck up nicely against the chassis, so I ended up notching the sheet metal below the frame horns prior to painting. I also notched the portion of the front bumper where it made contact with the end tank outlet.

While the engine was out, and I was cleaning up the engine bay, I was disappointed to find that the paint wasn’t coming out as nice as I would have liked. So like any sound minded individual, I decided to cut up the bay, weld in some mini tubs, and relocate the OEM fuse boxes inside the car in the glove box.

Fully TIG welded the tubs and sheet metal in, used some silicon bronze filler in some areas to avoid having to use excess body filler.

The bay came out insanely nice for being painted inside my fab shop. Just wet the floor, a few box fans and some clean dry air.
                While the car was apart, I was collecting suspension components, wheels and some other various bits. Grabbed all new KTS arms from RHDJapan and the front LCA and tension rods came from Mats Baribeau’s FD car. Had them all powdercoated to match.

Went with Silver’s NA coilovers with Swift Springs. We have sold tons of these coilovers and they are a great value compared to some of the other popular brands.

While the subframes were out of the car during paint, I decided to brace the rear as they are known for tearing and cracking with some abuse. I ended up going overboard and powdercoating both front and rear subframes as well as all the other suspension components and engine parts.

Went with Serial9 differential bushings and subframe bushings.

A little detail of the engine parts. All yellow zinc 10.9 hardware and mini tex black powder. Engine painted with high temp enamel.
                Last edited by Fidel_Cashflo; 12-17-2023, 12:01 AM.
                OdysseyFab.com
                HotBoiOlympics.com
                JZXPlug

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞